Sunday 6 March 2011

I want to feel the wind in my hair again

I am so sorry my dear friends. I haven't ignored your complaints about the worst blogging ever, I have just felt exhausted.
I am well and truly back into the working mode now and the holiday is put behind me.
I was on a twelve day stretch when all of a sudden my body screamed STOP! Monday lunch time I had to go home and lie on the floor for 24 hours while I tried to recover.
When I got back to work people whispered, is it true that you were off sick?!? Almost eight years with the company and I don't think I have ever called in sick. They thought I was made out of steel.
So not only have I been tired I have also not really had anything to update about. Another day from the floor in East London. Not great fun!
However, The Italian and I had last Saturday night off together and we went to Wright Brothers for sea food and Prosecco, and then we met up with my friend Miriam who was over from Barcelona and Eric from work. We went to Hix for cocktails. Italian and I straight away asked for Mango Daiquiris to feel like everything was just a bad dream, and that we were in fact still on holiday. They didn't have Mango but she could make either an Apple or Pineapple version instead. I went for the first, Italian for the latter. Eric wanted to join in on the holiday feeling and also went for the latter. Ha! to them. Mine ruled and I wish I could have Apple Daiquiris on tap at work on particular hard days.
E and M went off for dinner at Quo Vadis and we went home and watched Criminal Minds and ate a mountain of chocolate.
I am starting to feel like myself again now and I have a day off tomorrow to recover even more.
Thank you for still being here even though I have been absent for a bit.
I also know that there are problems with the commenting but I can't work out why it's not working.
I hope you are all having a great weekend.
Speak soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment