Wednesday 30 March 2011

Reunion in Simonstorp:)

I have to start with an apology for lazy blogging this week.
I had an internet free weekend and then since I arrived in Halmstad yesterday afternoon it's been non stop.
Let me start from the beginning.
The main reason that I am in Sweden this week is because of a school reunion that we had this weekend in a tiny little town (village) called Simonstorp.
I've managed to stay in contact and met up with K and C a couple of times, but I haven't seen A for... well however many years since we left school. The day we graduated and expectantly ran out of school was also the last time I saw her.
Amazing connections on facebook has meant that we've been in contact on and off and we decided to try and get together at C's house.
It was easier said than done to find a weekend to suit us all, but after many turns we finally decided on this one.
I flew in on Saturday morning and arrived in the most idyllic Swedish town at about 2pm.
We went for a walk by the lake.
And then we went back to the house and had some tea and sandwiches until the children had gone to bed and we had some "adult time" with gorgeous dinner that C made - Sea food pasta.
The next morning we just chilled out for a bit

The view from my bedroom window - perfectly ok:)
The whole gang before another walk in the gorgeous sunshine to a different lake on the other side of the village

Just to make it that little bit more idyllic- three two week old kittens
Lunch being made and kids running around
An amazing weekend with so many laughs that my belly was hurting the next day;)

No comments:

Post a Comment