Tuesday 9 February 2010

Happy Birthday to you:)

We had such an amazing "weekend" for the Italian's birthday.

Unfortunately there is a lack of photos.... I brought my camera and was even going to show some photos of the two of us for the first time. But, we just had too much of a good time so I forgot to use it. I did however take some photos of my own outfit while I was waiting for him to get ready:) (Selfish)

I am going to get better at putting photos on here of us.

I finished work at 4pm on Sunday and went straight there, where he was waiting for me with a glass of champagne (he had already had time to have a few before I got there).
We sat at the bar and talked for about an hour before we went up to the room so I could drop off my things.

I started putting all my toiletries in the bathroom and when I was skipping out of there, ready to go back down to the bar for another drink, or perhaps go for a walk in regents park or perhaps do some shopping at the market, or perhaps.... I look over to the bed and he is fast asleep;)

So I had to re-think, and realised that since he had worked over 85 hours last week, maybe we should just relax instead - it is after all HIS birthday treat, not mine. And my body and mind - having been up since 5am both saturday and sunday - agreed with me fully. 

It was a nice afternooon nap, in an extremely comfortable hotel bed, and something we both really needed. By the time we woke up it was already 7.15pm.... We got ready for dinner and went downstairs to the restaurant for our reservation that we thought was at 8.30pm, only to realise that we were booked in at 7.30pm. The Maitre'd didn't seem to mind but I was horrified by this. I hate being late, and to not even have the courtesy to phone and let them know.

But anyway, we got passed that moment quite quickly, and went in to this beautiful restaurant hiding at the back and downstairs. I never realised it was that big, but I was very impressed (it reminded me of one of those cute cave-looking restaurants in the old town in Stockholm) and we had a great meal and some more wine and champagne.



This is the photos of the outfit though



















And this is without the cardigan to show the beautiful dress properly (and my horribly white body). It has got this bright yellow tu-tu looking skirt underneath the black which gives it a beautiful fall. This picture still doesn't give it justice though, and the gorgeous necklace is a belated christmas present that I got from my friend E the other day. It is so me, and I love it:)



















We had a great time and I would defenitely go back for dinner again.

After we had finished it was 11pm and since it was a Sunday there wasn't much available for us to do around there. So we had a very nice and relaxing time catching up on lots of well-needed sleep.

We woke up late on Sunday and The Italian got to open his birthday presents. He got the Fast and Furious box set with all four films, to lead up to his main present which was a red letter day experience from me (Ferrari and Lamborghini driving), and vouchers to be used at Diesel from my parents.
He got VERY excited about both presents. After that we went down for a lovely, massive breakfast.

Then we got ready to face the day and checked out. The Italian could feel the vouchers burning in his pocket and wanted to rush into town and spend them immediately:) And we found the most amazing jacket that looked STUNNING on him (off course), but they didn't have it in his size. So they are going to call if they get it - fingers crossed!! I tried to find a picture of it online, but I wasn't able to.

After that we went to the cinema and watched Edge of Darkness which I found really hard to understand, they were mumbling and their american accent were so strong, but the story line was good - I think, what I understood anyway;) Thank goodness for Ray Winstone so I could understand some of it at least;)

Last night we just relaxed at home and had some dinner together and watched the first of the Fast and Furious films and I actually really enjoyed it, it has got some eye candy in it both for male and femal watchers and it is what it says- Fast and Furious;) I asked if we could watch the second one straight away but we both realised that it was time for bed since we are both back to work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment