Monday 22 February 2010

Sweden Trip

I had such an amazing time, but unfortunately I didn't take many photos so not much to show.

This is the only photo I took while I was in Stockholm and it is actually from the train with my iphone as I am about to travel down south to Halmstad so it's a bit shaky...

I really enjoyed my time there, I stayed with my amazingly sweet friend E who is just so, so sweet and I am glad that I went up to see her beefore she goes to the other side of the world for seven months.

I met my friend K for lunch on the wednesday and we haven't seen each other for about five years, I think we were both quite surprised that it was like we've seen each other every day. So great to catch up and we spent the whole afternoon together.

The evening was spent in E's flat with sushi and gossip:)

Thursday was shopping day, and E and I walked around in the freezing cold, I found some great things, mainly presents for other people, but still.

In the evening I met K (another K) at the metro station and we went together to our friend M's house where we stayed there for a couple of hours, and had some dinner and a semla (what we swedes eat on shrove tuesday). I haven't seen them for a long time either so it was great to catch up.

Got back to E's flat about nine and we stayed up chatting for a bit, but then we had an early night since both of us were travelling early in the morning. 

The train down south was a bit delayed because of the extrreme weather conditions (even for Sweden), but I had managed to get into 1st class so I got some food on the way which is always nice. 

 

I finally arrived an hour and a half late so not much time to spend with my parents before the bus departed down to Malmo. I had time to rush home and shower and change though, but that was it.

My gorgeous friends T and P came to meet me at the bus station and we went for a drink at a cute bar called something with Grappa I think. We went home to P's house where her lovely husband R and T's husband P were making us dinner.

They weren't quite ready, and very secretive about the process of the cooking, so we were directed into the bedroom with a cocktail each in our hands, we didn't mind:)


Her lovely husband had made a birthday cake for his wife, so after some gorgeous food we had some delicious chocolate dessert and also strawberry cake:)



We sat up chatting until about 2.30am, and then a few hours sleep before the bus back up to Halmstad left at 7.45am.
Saturday was spent with my family - my parents, my sister and her husband, and my super lovely niece/god-daughter who came over in the afternoon and stayed for dinner.

Sunday morning I went to see A with D and we had some rhubarb and apple crumble before going out to look at the house the A and her fiancee L are building. It is absolutely gorgeous, and I can't wait to go an visit them there next time I come over, when they will have moved in AND had a baby, so lots of exciting things happening there.

In the afternoon my sister and niece came over again and we had some dinner. After that my parents and I did some crossword thingy from the local paper (something they do every weekend together) and it was really lovely.

This morning my sister and I went to Helsingborg and did some shopping - most of it in Vila off course. And then I got on a train to get to the airport and she got in her car to go back home.

It always fills me with sadness to leave, but I always leave with good memories that will be with me for a long time, and the good thing is that I know that they are close by and that I will see everybody soon again.

Another bonus is that I will see the Italian soon when he gets home from work:) I haven't seen him for about a week so it will be great to give him a big hug.

That was my week summed up, back to reality and lots of hours of work this week..... Now shower and sleep. Night night. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment