Monday 22 February 2010

Since Wednesday

Thank goodness for books. I know I am a bit of a book nerd, but this week, with a lot of travelling up and down Sweden I am very grateful for all the aythors out there that has managed to keep me entertined while I've waited for trains and buses and planes etc.

The first one - Goodnight nobody, kept me going at the airport on Wednesday morning and on the plane. It's about life in the suburbs for bored housewives, with a bit of blood and murder thrown in as well.

The second one - 1222 över havet, kept me entertained all day on Friday when I was on a train from Stockholm - Halmstad from 10.30am until 4.20pm. It is about a train crash in snow storm, which might not be the best thing to read while you are on a train in snowstorm:) But other than that it was very good.

The third one - Udda, is about lesbians and people with no legs and it kept me company on the bus to and from Malmö on Friday night and Saturday morning, It's very interesting and witty, and at the end of the day it's mostly about the fact that we all just want to find somebody to love....

The fourth one - Svart Notis, is about all the people that come into Sweden with no papers and live a life without all the things that we take for granted like insurance etc. I have only just started it, but I am excited that it is going to travel with me on the plane today back to London. 

And the magazine Amelia I've read in the evenings before going to sleep while I've been here. It's probably the best Swedish magazine according to me.


Still lots of snow and -10C here in Halmstad. 

The poor little lights in my parent's garden are trying to get noticed under all the snow:)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment