Thursday 2 September 2010

Bar Boulud

I started my strict-budget-life by going out for dinner with my gorgeous friend Niall last night, and we decided to go to Bar Boulud.
As we arrived, our friend Gavin, who is the bar manager there gave us a white cosmopolitan each which is their specialty. They make it with white cranberry juice instead and then they finish it off with a massive ice cube in the middle that has got an orchid inside. It is gorgeous.

At least we went for the cheapo menu - 3 courses for £22.
I had chilled tomato soup and Niall had Rocket and Mozzarella salad to start with.
Main course was Salmon with sea food for me, and 9 herb ravioli for him.
I wasn't going to have dessert because I am trying to be good weekdays and stick to my chocoholism only on weekends, but because we had already gone for the three course deal I had some sorbet. Three flavours - chocolate, raspberry and Passion fruit/coconut and N had a chocolate cake.

All the food was gorgeous and it was a lovely atmosphere by the time we left about 8.30pm
A great night and I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment