Tuesday 1 February 2011

Last Night


Tumblr_lfxxeqgl0j1qzkfbpo1_500_large
                                                                             pic
Mmmmmmm....
The food was, as always, absolutely brilliant at Tempo
We started by sharing some Arancini with wild mushrooms and mozzarella, bruschetta with prawns, cavalo nero and garlic and also fried whitebait and Calamari.
Before this arrived we got the lovely scallops sent up (my favourite dish I think). They are just to die for. So perfectly amazing.
Before our main courses we received a gorgeous risotto to get the appetite going.
And it worked, when my fish stew arrived I was really geared up for it.
And L's wild sea bass looked mouth watering and beautiful.
I said to the Italian the day before that I wouldn't have dessert.
The manager came up to me and asked if that was still the case.
Who am I to say no when they are twisting my arm like that?
So 15 minutes later the loveliest lemon tart and pear and almond tart arrived.
The lemon has got like a creme brulee crust on the top.
The pear and almond was really soft and moist and gorgeous. I have never tried that before. I don't like things that taste too nutty, but this one was as everything else, flawless.
We started with champagne in the bar, prosecco with the starters and a bottle of Greco di Tufo for main course and dessert.
I'll say it again, if you live in London or visiting London you have to go!

Needless to say it felt a little bit tough to get up for my swim this morning.
But as with everything else I felt a lot better afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment