Tuesday 6 April 2010

Pampering day off

I have had a relaxing / stressful day off.
Relaxing because I have been cycling around in the sunshine, doing some shopping and had a pampering make up session with a Dior lady at Selfridges.

Stressful because I spent most part of the morning downloading some fitness app thingys on my iphone and then when I was going to try them out I had no connection on my phone. And then later on this afternoon my internet connection got lost altogether. And now I have switched on my computer at home only to realise that it's all messed up here as well.... Anyway these things stress me out, especially when I have been looking forward to doing something and then it doesn't work.

But it's a non-problem really and nothing a few deep breaths won't take away.
So anyway, I started off by cycling to Camden and I bought a gorgeous neckless for myself, very similar to one that P bought when she was here last week and I got inspired by her:)

I LOVE it:)
I then treated myself to some felafel lunch.

And then I cycled on to Selfridges to get an hours pampering from the make up lady.

She used the foundation that I already use, and then she got a bit over excited about my eye colour and said oooooh everyhing will go with this coulour, and then she got a bit over excited about my eye lashes and said oooooh you can really do a lot with these long lashes, and then she got a bit over excited about my cheek bones and said ooooh you have got lovely bone structure, any colour would go on you, and then to top it off she also got very excited about my lips and said ooooh any coulour would go on these lips, they have such lovely shape.... Hmm I'm thinking I came across a very good sales lady that thinks that she can make ooooh and aaah sounds about everything, and make me believe that I should buy everything she shows me because it will really show off my "lovely" features.
All it makes me think is that if I really look as good as she says, then surely I wouldn't need any of this stuff haha. Anyway, I left there £80 lighter and this is what came home with me.

I am not overly keen on how she made me up. She really put quite a lot of things on my face, and I hardly EVER wear that much make up, even when I am going out. But I did like the colour that she picked for my eyes and I was in desperate need for a powder. I was going to go for something else, but this seemed to be what was closest to the one I have already. And the lip gloss.... well I have a soft spot for lip gloss....
I am very happy to be home now though so I can wash it off;)


1 comment: