Tuesday 3 August 2010

Film Choice

The night before I went away I forced the Italian to watch the lovely bones with me. I say forced, because that is kind of what happened.
Earlier in the week he told me that he'd watch it with me, but then on Sunday night he'd read a bit about it and said that he didn't want to watch it, and since I know how he feels about films when children get abused etc he couldn't understand why I would put him through this. 

I read the book a few years ago and I really wanted to see it. So I put on my sulky face and said that if I would've known that earlier in the week I could've watched it then, but now I am going away and I need to watch it tonight. So yes, to sum up, I forced him...
Anyway as it turned out I cried (off course) and he still couldn't understand why I would want to watch a film like that. 

So when Precious arrived while I was away, he refused to watch it. I thought he was just being silly and that he had lost faith in my film taste.... 
I watched it this evening since he is working and we have most other nights off this week together;) I wish I would have listened to my man... I cried solidly for an hour and a half.... 
Great film though, but oh my god it was so sad (even though it was also a feel-good, kick-ass film, but still one where you have tears streaming down you face throughout) . So now I've got the worst head ache ever and I am going to  have an early night and go to bed in a minute... 

No comments:

Post a Comment