Tuesday 3 August 2010

A little story

About a bike....

Last year someone tried to steal my bike outside work. They didn't quite manage to do this, which made them very angry. So they decide to just kick my bike to pieces instead.

I took it to Evans which is where I bought it and they said that since it is a Pashley they had to send off for the specific parts and it might take a few days or so until they have them. I couldn't possibly leave my bike their though because they had no space for that. So I carried my bike out of the shop again. A lot of back and forth with me chasing them all the time about when I could drop my bike off again to the question being replaced by when can I pick it up again etc.
Every time I phoned they had new staff and not a single person knew what I was talking about. To cut a long story short they had my bike for THIRTEEN weeks. All through the summer!!

So needless to say, when I finally got my bike back I decided to boycott Evans.

Recent problems with my bike has meant that I had to go back to them in the end.

They booked me in for a service today, and told me to pick up the bike after 5pm. So, I braved the outdoors even though my head felt like it was going to explode after the film.

I walked all the way there, and guess what happens?

No it's not ready whoever booked it, booked it in for the wrong day so we will service it tomorrow. 

Why didn't he tell me this when I handed in my bike yesterday, why did he tell me to come at 5pm TODAY to pick it up, and lastly why didn't anybody call me when you realised the problem today?

Oh we didn't realise the fault until now.

AAAAARGH. Need I say more?

Sorry for long whiney post, but it made me feel a bit better to get it out of my system.

And don't forget, never, ever buy a bike from Evans. It's just not worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment