Saturday 30 April 2011

London pets

I managed to walk to work and get here on time. I did however see a little fella that I didn't want to on my way. As I'm quietly walking on the street minding my own business a bl**dy rat runs across the pavement in front of me. I just stood there for a few minutes trying to catch my breath. And then I RAN clamping my feet so it wouldn't dare come back out from where it was hiding. People say that you are never more than six feet away from a rat in London. However, after having been here for ten and a half years and only seen a couple of rats before, this is a fact I've chosen not to believe.... I started to wonder if the street cleaners were off for the long weekend as well and that made the streets dirtier and the rats come out. But around the corner I saw a guy sweeping the streets like usual. Phew! It was hopefully just a one off...
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment