Saturday 2 April 2011

A Wednesday in Sweden

My mum is always off on Wednsedays so whenever I happen to be in Sweden mid week we usually have a mother-daughter day.
This time was no different, we decided to go to Helsingborg (about an hours drive south from Halmstad).
On the way we passed Ikea and I realised that I need a few things from there that could fit in my suitcase.
In we went and I found everything I wanted. I've said before that I want to re decorate the flat. At least now I'll hopefully get a little bit of fresh air into it.
The compulsory stop at the Cafe
After a couple of hours in and out of the shops in Helsingborg we stopped at my favourite place "Ebbas Fik", it's really retro and it's got a Jukebox in the corner with really cool music. And the food portions are massive!
We both had jacket potato with prawns. We wanted something sweet afterwards, hard to resist when they have everything you can think of on display.
I really wanted one of their amazing chocolate cakes, but I had to settle for a carrot cake, otherwise I think my body would have screamed. It was all a bit much. Nex time I'll probably skip the potato and go straight for the cakes.
When we got back to Halmstad I dropped off my mum at home and then I went on to go and pick up my niece from nursery. It was such a gorgeous day and I was a bit early so I sat down and enjoyed the sunshine for a few minutes first.
We had a lovely afternoon and when my sister came home we had some dinner and then some sister time as well after my niece went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment