Friday 1 July 2011

Last night

My actual birthday party is tonight at Shoreditchhouse, but there are some people at work that, for various reasons, can't make it.
So they organised a surprise dinner for me at La Ratatouille last night.
Well, I say surprise, but I definitely knew something was up.
Everyone at work yesterday made a point of telling me their plans for the evening.
And then they gave each other that look.
The Italian was adamant that we HAD to go to Ratatouille for dinner last night even though I suggested maybe we'd go Saturday instead.
When Jennifer (who owns the restaurant, and also works with us) heard about this she bbm'd the Italian and asked him who wears the trousers in our house, get her to the restaurant. haha.
It was such a lovely evening, and I still can't get over the great present I got.
My birthday isn't actually until the week after next, and at first I didn't even want to celebrate this one. I've had a few crisis over the year about turning 30....
But now it seems like I'm milking it big time.
Dinner last night, party tonight, off to Sweden next weekend to celebrate it on my actual day.
Maybe the big 3-0 isn't too bad after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment