Friday 29 July 2011

Morning.

We ate so much last night. In my head I was still going to stick to my no carb diet, but that went out the window after about two minutes when I had a glass of Prosecco in front of me and some gorgeous cicchetti mainly consisting of mini bruschetta with various toppings. After that I decided to leave the diet at home and eat whatever was put in front of me. After all, this is one of the best restaurants in London at the moment, so it would be silly to miss out. We continued down to the restaurant after a while and had an amazing melon soup, and then something I've never tried before. Scallop carpaccio with anjovis - just enough to add a gorgeous salty flavour to it. It was the best carpaccio ever. When Vanessa's boyfriend Ben arrived the Italian showed his sense of humour and sent up a lonely uncooked carrot on a plate and said that was all they could do for vegetarians. Haha he's too funny. After that he presented the most gorgeous vegetarian meal for him though, and then we all had a portion of Gnocchi - once again, the best Gnocchi ever, I never even used to like Gnocchi. They then asked us what we'd like for our main course. Pardon?
I chose grilled prawns. Yum! For dessert we got two massive plates. One with the most delicious lemon tart and the other had some Italian home made biscuits (I've forgotten the name now) with peach cream and berries - it was phenomenal. And then the big surprise for me that he'd kept telling me about, Frangelico sour jelly. Mmmmm it tasted exactly like the cocktail. It was beautiful. I am so proud of my man for being such a good chef and host. Got up early this morning when he went off to a meeting and I've had time for a power walk. He just came back home now and we're going to chill for a bit before heading to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment