Saturday 16 July 2011

Sweden - day 1.

I am sorry, I've had complaints that I haven't posted photos from Sweden yet. The computer has been super slow so by the time I got somewhere it was time to get ready for work (I've worked 2pm-midnight every day apart from Wednesday when I worked 8am-8pm). Today I start an hour later so I should have time to organise a few photos. Let's start with our gorgeous day in Gothenburg when we arrived.
After a couple of hours in town for some shopping we ended up in this gorgeous restaurant for lunch. Paper menus is so last season - here you get an ipad each to look at while you decide what you'd like.
 I went for a super Swedish sill plate. Yum! I have to say that it was a touch over priced though for what we got. My sister and her husband left hungry - not a good sign. I think we were paying for the use of the iPad perhaps...
The tourist has arrived in town
A massive seagull by Haga where we, a few hours later, stopped for fika break.
A nice walk in the sunshine up to Slottsskogen
 A beautiful massive park where there are lots of wild animals
The children's Zoo was still my favourite
Little babies playing
While granddad is resting against a tree
Cute! 
I got obsessed with this. Mr Glace found a wife. Apparently she appeared at the same time as our Royal wedding in Sweden last year. I tried to explain to the Italian how weird I found it to see him with a wife. He didn't understand and you probably won't either... 
On the way home we stopped at a Salmon Restaurant and the Italian (who on the way in said that he wasn't very hungry and he'd probably only have a cup of coffee) ordered the deluxe eleven different Salmon plate.
The rest of us went for the usual Swedish style salmon potato combo.

A great start to the weekend.
I've prepared a couple more post to appear during the day while I'm at work and then the rest will come tomorrow.
I am now off out in the rain storm for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment