Monday 17 January 2011

Gym Pool Etiquette



                                                                                                                   pic

No pool hang:

It's an indoor pool in a gym!
It's not an outdoor pool in Marbella (or wherever you usually spend your holiday.) 
So don't just stand there in the water at the end of the pool looking at girls (I'm sorry but it is mainly guys that does this)

Get in the right lane:

Don't swim in the medium fast lane just because you are too embarrassed to get into the slow lane.
It is very annoying for everyone that has to overtake you every lap.

And now for the hygiene

Runny Nose

Sometimes when you swim your nose might get a bit runny.
That doesn't mean that you can "blow your nose" in your hand and then carry on swimming....


I am going to add an extra one here, but it's not really something I can complain about.
I have a bit of a phobia for body hair (well all kind of hairs actually come to think about it -
to be honest public pools probably isn't the best for me)
And if I lived in an ideal world back waxes would be given away for free to people just before they enter the pool...

Just a few thoughts from me on the week I have decided to pretty much move in to the gym pool, but after this list I am actually quite tempted to cancel my plans...
We'll see how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment