Saturday 4 June 2011

Image vs reality

Image - A relaxing evening. I'd tidy up the flat a bit and when it was shining I'd sit down and enjoy my dinner.
Reality - I started with nearly setting the flat on fire. I turned on the oven and while it heated up I had a shower. When I came out I could smell burning, and there was smoke coming out of the oven. Apparently we had thought that it was a great space for storing a cake after we came back from Italy. I'd forgotten all about that and out it came - black.
While I took the cake out (and tried to get the fire alarm to stop) the rice burnt to the bottom of the pot.
While I tried to sort that out I over cooked the fish.
And so it went on. The fire alarm went off three times during my "quiet, relaxing cooking time" and in the end the room was so filled with smoke that I could hardly see my dinner once it was finished.
I am now planning a film night and I hope that the relaxing can start now instead. I'm a bit sleepy since I only had about four hours sleep last night, but I hope to stay awake for at least one of the films.
Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment