Friday 24 June 2011

Last night's dinner

Last night the Italian and I jumped on the DLR and went to West India Quays to a restaurant called Dockmastershouse. It's a fine dining Indian Restaurant. We were only supposed to go to the bar, but by the time we got there I was absolutely starving so we ended up eating the kitchen as usual.
West India Quay was so beautiful, we'd never been before.
There is something about water that just puts me in a great mood every time, whether it's snowy or windy or rainy or sunny I love it in every condition.

Great night life as well, we both said that we'd love to live in a building with a cool bar downstairs. Every night you feel a bit thirsty you just nip downstairs to the cocktail bar.
We started off with some small platters in the bar, one vegetarian and one with sea food.



And quite a few cocktails as well.
And then we went for the full menu and ordered two main courses which was sent out with lots of extra side dishes and naan breads.
We practically licked the plates. It was really yummy.
After a few weeks of not much carbs and practically no sugar, I just went for all of it in one sitting.
It's interesting though I don't actually fancy sweets and chocolate anymore the way I used to.
Before I'd think of chocolate all day every day, I wouldn't eat it all day every day, but I'd think about it.
Now if someone mentions chocolate I'm like ah whatever almost.
But I'm still like a horse though, if anyone puts food or chocolate in front of me I'll eat it until it's finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment