Wednesday 1 December 2010

1st day of snow in London

I woke up yesterday morning and saw this when I looked out the window - a tiny,tiny bit of snow.
I got super excited and woke the Italian and said "Happy First Snow Day". The expression on his face told me that he might not be as excited about it. At least not at 6am...
I thought it would last a minute and then disappear as soon as the traffic starts as usual, but I was wrong.
It snowed on and off all day and when I walked home from work at 6.30ish there were proper big snowflakes coming down.
I was wrapped up in lots of warm clothes so I was just loving every minute of it;)
And then in the evening just before I went to bed about midnight the view through the same window looked like this;);)
Unfortunately this meant that P and M's flight got cancelled so they are now stuck at the airport with the rest of the world... They are re-booked on a flight tomorrow morning so fingers crossed that they'll get on it and don't have to turn into Tom Hanks in The Terminal....
There were talks of a lot more snow tonight though but nothing so far so I hope it stays like that so they can get back to Italy tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment