Wednesday 8 December 2010

Net-A-Porter


I've waited in this morning for a delivery from Net-A-porter.
I ordered it last Friday and it said that it would be a same day delivery.
I order quite a lot online but I have never paid more than £5 in delivery charges for any kind of delivery.
Here the charge was £11.50 because you get it the same day.
Fine.
However about half an hour after I've placed my order I get a phone call about problems with the address I've put on there.
I give them the address again, fine we'll call you shortly and tell you what time we will deliver.
Two minutes later I get an email saying that there is a problem with the address. I assume that this was sent before the phone call but reply with my address anyway. I get an automatic reply back saying that someone will get back to me within 24 hours (?). I am late for work so I have to go and don't have time to deal with it.
A few hours later I call them from work to double check that someone will be there today.
I don't know let me check and call you right back...
Saturday morning I call them back! And I get the same answer let me check and call you straight back.
Yesterday morning (Tuesday) they call me to say that they can't deliver to my work address it has to be to my house (fine, I can accept this, but does it take three days to work that out).
Anyway they finally came today and I am very happy with my purchase:)
I have never liked covers on iPhones (because I think it ruins the design of them) but ever since my phone broke a couple of months ago I thought maybe I should get one after all.
And then I got an email from Net-A-Porter about this one and I fell in love with it.
And as you know from before I do have a bit of a soft spot for Marc by Marc Jacobs...
Even though I have been swearing a bit over them this week, when it arrived I did still feel like I might well order something from them again in the near future...

UPDATE: They just phoned now and apologised for all the problems with the delivery and said that I would get free delivery on my next purchase:)

No comments:

Post a Comment