Thursday 9 December 2010

Last night's dinner

Last night's dinner at Tempo was, as usual, absolutely fantastic. I keep telling people about it and how great it is and they think that I am only saying that because my boyfriend is the sous chef there (which I am very proud of). But then when they come with me and they actually taste the food their face expression tells me that they change their mind about that and that they too think it's absolutely fantastic.....
It's impossible to think anything else.

As we arrived the Italian came up to say hello and C explained that she didn't want to order anything she wanted him to suggest..
So they took the menus away from us and the food just kept coming - for three hours.
It was amazing.

The lovely Henry Togna who owns it came and sat with us for a while, and he is truly.. - you know when you think of  a true English gentleman - that's Henry.
The restaurant was really busy and full and it was a great night.
Right, let me see if I can remember everything we had.
We started with a roast tomato crostino that I didn't get a picture of but it was one of the best things we had all night - gorgeous. In this picture is some Crostino di Gamberetti - with prawns and cavalo nero, risotto Arancini and fried pasta with mascarpone and chives.
These types of dishes are called cicchetti and are like the Italian version of tapas - perfect as starters as you can try a few things.
For middle course we had Risotto Gorgonzola Dolce and radicchio rosso, I am trying to think of new words to describe gorgeous food but all I can say is that it was amazing
and grilled sardines with beautifully cooked greens
The most amazing fish stew
And lastly a little bite of heaven - Scallops with white truffle and lemon
For dessert we had pear and almond tart, lemon tart, chocolate fondant and three scoops of ice cream.
I just can't fault any of it. I now I might not be completely partial since my other half is a chef there, but the reviews they get are also absolutely amazing.
If you are in London and you don't go you are truly missing out.
It's a good job I went for 45 minute spinning beforehand so I could eat all this without feeling bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment