Sunday 15 May 2011

Columbia Flower Market

I went in to wake the Italian earlier and he had fever and a horrible cough so he got sent straight back to bed. I thought to myself that I really wanted us to go to the Market together.
But then on the other hand we have tried to go to this market now for about a year so I give up.
Off I went on my own and I am really glad I went, it's amazing.
Live music on the street
I could've stayed all day. The gorgeous smell, the beautiful shops and the tempting cafes really made it a Sunday treat.
A lot of people I know who go there quite often tend to go early in the morning, because there's less people at that time.
I can see why because it was absolutely packed and at times there was a complete stand still, but if you're not in a rush I don't really mind, because the scenery is so beautiful and all the guys on the stalls are really funny as they keep shouting out the deal they've got on at the moment.
Now - the deals, that's another point, because going at the time I went (between 11 and 12), the prices had already dropped on a lot of items.
So I think anytime is good to go really depending on what you want to go for.
If you want to go, get what you are after, and then leave again I would recommend to go as early as possible, probable as soon as they open (8am).
But if you'd like a bit of a bargain and a good deal, then later would be better, and I think that they give lots of things away for free even at the end of the day (2pm).
The only things with that is obviously that if you are after a certain thing it might not be available any longer.

I will definitely be back on my next Sunday off.

Columbia Road Flower Market
Columbia Road E1
Sundays 8am-2pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment