Monday 16 May 2011

Music for running



I need loud music in my ears when I run. The moment I can hear my own feat I just can't do it anymore. It feels really heavy and hard. I am not sure why it makes such a difference for me, but it's gotten to a point where it doesn't matter if it is the softest Sade or the rockiest heavy metal, as long as there's something to take away the sound of me running.
Obviously ideal running music would be something fast to make you go faster, I've found it hard to find something good, if I make a play list I get bored of it quite quickly, and if I stick to just one album that's quite boring as well.
I don't need to look any further now.
I downloaded the ministry of Sound running trax the other day.
There's three different mixes on the album and they all last about 1 hour and 20 minutes each. I usually run for about half an hour if it is before work so it's perfect, one morning I'll start from the beginning on one of them, the next morning in the middle and so on. And the best thing is that they keep going, there's not even any silence between the songs, because it's a proper DJ mix.
I can't wait to go running now and try it out. I start at 8am on Wednesday I think I need to set my alarm early and go for a morning run first.

No comments:

Post a Comment