Wednesday 11 May 2011

Ready to leave

Just before christmas I ordered some brazilets for me and my friends. I got a black one for me and The Italian and then some horrible (unintended) colours for my friends.
All in all it came to about ten of them I think.
The money goes towards the Brzilian Rain Forest so already there it is a good thing.

"Brazilets are a 200 year-old tradition from mystical Bahia, Brazil. Worn throughout Latin America, they have spiritual significance for all who wear them. Wrap your Brazilets around your wrist and tie three knots, making a wish with each knot. When your Brazilets naturally break down and fall off, it is believed that your three wishes will come true."

Reading this I though they'd stay for a couple of weeks and then fall off, but no, it's still going strong.
But now it looks like it might finally be it's way.
It'll be interesting to see if the wishes comes true. I can't remember all of them so I have to dig out my card and check.
I remember the top one though off course.
Even if they don't that wasn't the main reason I did it. I like giving and receiving gifts that does something good at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. Åh, tänk att det sitter på fortfarande! Jag ska sätta på mitt neongröna nu till sommaren hade jag tänkt! ;o) Puss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ja forlat for din farg... Det sag ju inte alls ut sa pa bilden. Men ja det kan ju bli snyggt till brannan. Du kan ju gora som Italienarn o satta det pa foten istallet annars...

    ReplyDelete