Monday 1 November 2010

Last nights dinner

I came home and I sat down on the sofa since my whole body was aching after a very stressful day at work.
I mentioned something about being hungry (and by mentioned I mean that I kept going on about it until he couldn't take it any longer) so the Italian got up and started making me some dinner.
He boiled some water for the pasta and all of a sudden he throws in a tea strainer with green tea.
Oh no I thought, I've really annoyed him this time, he is trying to kill me.
And then when the pasta is done he mixed it with some cherry tomatoes and puts some cinnamon in it.
Ok clearly he's lost his mind I'm thinking.... Should I call somebody to come and take care of him or what should I do?
He puts the plate in front of me and I start to eat and I swear to god it is one of the most amazing things I have ever eaten in my whole life....
And that's why he is a chef and I'm not.
He knows what will work and is not afraid to try something new.
I am more than happy to be a Guinea pig if I can eat like this every day;)

2 comments: